New Fee Increases to Take Effect June 1, 2014
The Judicial Conference of the United States has approved several bankruptcy related fee increases at its March 2014 session. These fee increases will take effect starting June 1, 2014.
The fee for filing a complaint will increase to $350, except:
• If the trustee or debtor-in-possession files the complaint, the fee must be paid only by the estate, to the extent there is an estate.
• This fee must not be charged if –
the debtor is the plaintiff; or
a child support creditor or representative files the
complaint and submits the form required by § 304(g) of
the Bankruptcy Reform Act of 1994.
The Administrative fee for new bankruptcy cases and for filing a motion to divide a bankruptcy case is currently $46 across all bankruptcy case types. Beginning in June, the fee will differ based on chapter using the following breakdown:
• For filing a petition under Chapter 7, 12, or 13, $75
Overall chapter 7 filing fee becomes $335
Overall chapter 12 filing fee becomes $275
Overall chapter 13 filing fee becomes $310
• For filing a petition under Chapter 9, 11, or 15, $550.
Overall chapter 9, 11 and 15 filing fee becomes $1717
• When a motion to divide a joint case under Chapter 7, 12, or 13 is filed, $75.
Overall fees match fees for new case filings under these chapters
• When a motion to divide a joint case under Chapter 11 is filed, $550.
Overall fees match the fees for filing new cases under these chapters
For question regarding this fee, please contact the court toll free at 866-291-6805 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.